Saturday, September 21, 2013

Clearing the brain

I posted a thought on FB about balance, but want to expand on that.  

There are days I want to run off to the mountains and live the life of a hermit.  Leaving societies' conflicts behind sounds so tempting at times.  However, I like to talk too much and would probably go crazy, do something stupid, and be a story in the newspaper on page 3B.  I think all of us struggle with balance of some sort.  Time, family, job, philosophy, morals, children, money, ...time again.  Setting priorities sounds easy enough, but we also like to eat, keep our jobs, and socialize.

I don't have answers, but I do realize none of us can do it all.  Even together, we can't do it all.  I think sometimes I try; the result is a chaotic brain going 20 different directions and accomplishing little.  We do need to lean on each other, count on each other, and be bold enough to fight, or address, those things that can be changed while breathing...breathe in...breathe out...

Feeling frustrated, worried, overwhelmed, but very blessed.  Breathe in...breathe out.

1 comment: