Saturday, May 17, 2014

School and life

 - I just saw a video of a kindergarten teacher in Ohio who lost her cool and physically reacted to a student.  Have you seen it yet?  My heart and stomach ache for this boy and his parents.  No, I don't know details, but I do know from the video that she treated him wrongly.  I won't get into that today, though.  Today...I will share my heart from my own world.
These adorable cherubs had their kindergarten graduation program yesterday.  Their music teacher, Annette Mitchell, did a fabulous job preparing them, and they were all simply precious.  The auditorium was packed to standing room only, filled with proud parents, grandparents, teachers, etc.  Before we blink, we will be back in this auditorium wiping away tears at our child's high school graduation.  Yes, it is our job to guide them, to mold them, to encourage curiosity and wonderment.  It is our place to accept their unique gifts, accept each child as the gift from God that they are.  Well done, kiddos!  You did great!

1 comment:

  1. It seems like Scott's kindergarten graduation was just yesterday. But in reality yesterday was his last day of 6th grade. Time does pass in a blink of an eye. I wish I could have seen your cherubs last night.

    ReplyDelete