Sunday, October 21, 2012

...Just 1 more....:)

Sister Hugs Love Bomb #11 - "Franny" - has been on chemo for about 6 years now and had a stroke 2 years ago.  She is 42 and in a wheelchair but stays active in 4-H with her girls, is an Awans's leader at her church, and attends as many things as she is able.  She is an inspiration to all who know her. 

I would like to add "Franny" to our list of amazing women who all inspire me in their own way.  We will be working on all 11 of these and mailing them out as they are ready. 

Just a reminder for some of our newbies - I almost always use made up names to protect the privacy of our ladies.  I do not reveal who nominated these amazing women, although sometimes they figure it out when they receive their love bomb!  Gifts from you are collected and combined to show these magnificent ladies just how special they are and that they have their own little army of sisters out there whom they may not know, but who are thinking of them and sending prayers and positive thoughts their way.  These gifts can range from the practical to the splurge - things that would be helpful or ease some stress; something that would make them smile.  I picked up some starbucks tonight because, while I don't do coffee, I know many of you find it a treat or a necessity.  I will be looking for just the right basket to add it to. 

Another thought - the baking bombs have far exceeded my hopes and dreams - thank you for sharing pictures and stories.  I know the recipients had to love receiving them and it was such fun delivering.  One added perk was an excuse to socialize with some people we may not take the time to see. You are all such wonderful, wonderful ladies and I am truly blessed to be on this amazing journey with you.  So many of you commented on how much you love Sister Hugs - I love your active participation and enthusiasm.  No longer is it my dream but it is our mission- thanks for jumping on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment